Why soil health?
Healthy, sustainable food and gardening: By paying attention to the entire soil ecosystem, you can have a much better idea of how to address gardening and food growing issues you see above ground.
Healthy families: Eating more diverse and fresh foods that come from healthy soil provides you with a healthier diet.
Healthy yields and profits: Healthy soil can increase yields, hold more water and sequester carbon, increase nutrient density of food, reduce the need for pesticides, and reduce pests and disease.
Montana Soil Health Mentors and Experts
- Northern Plains Resource Council! Check out our Soil Health Resources page.
- Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS)
- Montana Soil and Water Conservation Society
- Montana Rangeland Partnership
- Montana Association of Conservation Districts
- Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation
- Montana Watershed Coordination Council