Support Northern Plains with a monthly donation
Monthly sustainers are very special to Northern Plains. With your monthly gift through either your bank account or credit card, you will:
- Provide consistent support for Northern Plains throughout the year
- Help sustain our work for the long term
- Plus, you never have to get a renewal letter again!
Become a member or renew your membership
You can become a member of Northern Plains several ways: as a monthly sustainer, through annual membership renewals, or by joining one of our local groups across Montana.
Northern Plains members make us truly effective. There are many benefits to membership:
- Advancing your values by sustaining our work,
- The opportunity to make a difference by participating directly in our issue campaigns,
- The chance to build your own skills through our training and education opportunities,
- Receiving regular and reliable updates via email and our quarterly newsletter “The Plains Truth,”
- Staff support by a trained and dedicated team of organizers and support staff,
- The right to vote on policy resolutions at the Annual Meeting,
- And much more!
Make a special gift to Northern Plains
Use this selection to make a special gift to a specific Northern Plains issue campaign, in honor of a loved one, or for any reason you’d like. Special gifts provide Northern Plains with the resources to:
- Hire expert legal and scientific help when one of our campaigns warrants it
- Fly Montanans to Washington D.C. to lobby Congress on an important issue
- Help our organizing staff spread the word about a key issue.
- Advance a particular timely issue, or make a final push toward a deadline.
Other ways to give to Northern Plains
There are many ways to donate to Northern Plains! Please review the options Below to find out more ways you can support our work!
You can send a check to:
Northern Plains Resource Council
220 S. 27th Street, Suite A
Billings, MT 59101
You can call us at (406) 248-1154 and make a donation on your credit card.
Our organizing work depends on a small fleet of vehicles that carry our staff along the highways and ranch roads of rural Montana, through all kinds of weather. If you have a roadworthy car you are no longer using, please consider donating it to us! Because your car would be put to use instead of being sold, you would be able to deduct the car’s fair market value when you itemize your taxes.
If you are considering such a gift, contact Steve Paulson at the office: (406) 248-1154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Plains has an endowment fund managed by our Investment Committee. Since its inception in 1988, this fund has enabled us to expand our program work, purchase and renovate Home on the Range, and generate revenue beyond our regular fundraising efforts.
Gifts to qualifying endowments carry added benefits for donors thanks to the Montana Qualified Endowment Credit. To learn more about Montana’s Qualified Endowment Tax Credit, please visit the Montana Nonprofit Association website.
You can ensure that your passion for protecting Montana lives on. In fact, a bequest could be the most important gift you ever make to Northern Plains. (You don’t have to be rich to make a meaningful bequest.) Family First, charity second. We have sample bequest language that you can share with your lawyer. Contact Steve Paulson at the office: (406) 248-1154 or email email@example.com.
Other gift structures range from the very simple – such as making Northern Plains a beneficiary on a life insurance policy or a savings account – to complex instruments such as Income for Life Annuities.
You should consult with an independent financial advisor before making any commitments.