Our hearts are with everyone who has been impacted by the devastating floods across Montana. We have seen some of the destruction firsthand, and it is painful to see these communities and people we love so much experiencing loss on such a massive scale. At the same time, our hearts are warmed as we see neighbors helping neighbors – on the ground – organizing cleanup teams, meals, and housing for those in need. We’re also inspired by the outpouring from Northern Plains members who want to help.
Given the magnitude of these disasters, we know that efforts to repair and rebuild will take many months, even years, to complete. We also know that this work must start right away, which is why we wanted to provide some initial information about where to offer donations or other assistance (and also where impacted folks can seek support).
The following list is by no means exhaustive, and we will continue to provide updates as we learn of new efforts.
- Red Lodge Area Community Foundation
- Evacuation Center/Shelter
- Bridger High School, 429 W. Park Ave., Bridger
- Carbon County Fairgrounds, 96 Rodeo Drive, Red Lodge
- Carbon County Disaster Relief Fund
- Carbon County Disaster & Emergency Services
- Carbon Alert, an emergency communications page for Carbon County
- Evacuation Center/Shelter
- Stillwater County Pavilion, 328 E. 5th Ave. N., Columbus
- Supplies requested: Non-perishable food, water, and clothing donations can be dropped off here
- More Info: Resource Specialist Sean Smith at (406) 322-8015.
- Donate to: SouthWest Montana Flood Relief Fund to help Park and Madison Counties, and victims of the flood
- If you are in Park County and need assistance or would like to Volunteer, dial 2-1-1. You can also sign up to volunteer online by clicking here.
- You can find up-to-date information on the Park County Flood – June 2022 Facebook Group.
- More Info and non-emergency questions: (406) 222-4131
- Evacuation Centers/Shelters
- HRDC Livingston 121 S. 2nd St. (406) 333-2537
- Hope Lutheran Church at 2152 Graf St. in Bozeman
- Where to donate supplies (clothes/food/cleanup supplies, free for displaced residents):
Gardiner, Cooke City, Silver Gate:
- Yellowstone Community Fund (for the Gardiner Community) send checks to Jim Halfpenny at PO Box, 989, Gardiner, MT 59030.
- Yellowstone Resiliency Fund – to Yellowstone National Park to help with recovery efforts.
- 12:00pm Daily Call
- As long as there is Information to share, a call will be hosted by Yellowstone NP, Park County, and emergency services, for community members to ask questions and receive updates.
- Dial: (202) 640-1187, Passcode: 713-593-185#
- The most recent Gardiner Chamber of Commerce Community Newsletter has a lot of flood response information.
- Donate to: MTN Flood Relief Campaign
- Evacuation Center/Shelter: Columbia Falls High School, 610 13th St W.
- More info: (406) 758-2111
- We know there is flooding in Sweet Grass County but we have not identified where, or if resources are being gathered in the county. We will provide this information in the future if/when we learn more.
- The Evacuation Centers/Shelters listed above are operated by the American Red Cross. These shelters provide meals, a safe place to stay, information and access to other community resources. Everyone is welcome at a Red Cross shelter, and all services are free. No reservations are required. Residents can also request Red Cross services by calling (800) 272-6668.
Other Donation Hubs:
- American Red Cross of Montana
- KTVQ Flood Relief Fund
- Beartooth Humane Alliance is coordinating pet supply donations and assisting in locating displaced animals.
- Montana Department of Transportation road alerts and conditions
- Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks interactive restrictions & closures map
Recovering from a Flood: