Do you love working with people? Do you want to make a difference in Montana? Northern Plains Resource Council (Northern Plains) is hiring field canvassers to identify and mobilize people around Billings to protect our democracy and the Montana State Constitution.
Northern Plains is a grassroots conservation and family agriculture group that organizes Montanans to protect our water quality, family farms and ranches, and unique quality of life. We give Montanans a voice in the future of our state.
An effective outreach program is central to achieving this. As part of our door-to-door field team, you will be making change happen by bringing people into important public policy decisions.
This position is located in Billings.
The Field Canvasser is responsible for:
- Meeting daily goals for knocked doors and conversations to move the needle and protect our state constitution;
- Having friendly, professional, and engaging dialogues with Montanans using talking points provided by the organization;
- Keeping accurate data.
- Excellent people skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Self-motivated and a team player;
- Familiarity with (or comfortability learning how to use) technology like phones, tablets, and basic databases;
- Commitment to the mission and environmental values of the organization.
This is a temporary, part-time, non-exempt (hourly) position of approximately 30 hours per week. Candidates who are available for less hours per week are also welcome to apply.
Compensation is $21/hour.
Please e-mail the following application materials to Ava Shearer at email@example.com:
- A resume, and
- Three professional references with phone numbers.
The position is open until filled, but we encourage applications to be submitted ASAP. Northern Plains is an equal opportunity employer.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.