2019 Montana Local Food Challenge
August 1 - August 31
It’s that time of year again! Flowers are blooming and farmers markets are booming so there’s no better time to eat local than NOW.
And if the idea of a fun challenge involving FOOD hasn’t already caught your attention, here are some more reasons to eat and buy local:
- Builds community and local economies.
- Supports local farm and ranch families.
- Preserves genetic diversity and open spaces.
- Protects our regional food security.
- Tastes better and is often fresher.
- Supports a clean environment and benefits wildlife.
To see what others are doing to participate in the