Do you love working with people? Do you want to make a difference in Montana? We are hiring phone canvassers to identify and mobilize people around our state to protect Montana’s land, air, and water.
Northern Plains is a grassroots conservation and family agriculture group that organizes Montana citizens to protect our water quality, family farms and ranches, and unique quality of life. We give Montanans a voice in the future of our state.
An effective outreach program is central to achieving this. As part of our calling team, you will be making change happen at the local level by bringing people into important public policy decisions.
The location of this position is flexible, but strong hiring preference will be given to applicants based in Billings, Montana.
The Phone Canvasser is responsible for:
- Meeting daily goals for calls and conversations to move the needle on key conservation issues;
- Having friendly, professional, and engaging dialogues with Montanans using talking points provided by the organization;
- Keeping accurate data.
- Excellent people skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Self-motivated and a team player;
- Familiarity with (or comfort learning how to use) technology like phones, tablets, and basic databases;
- Commitment to the mission and environmental values of the organization.
This is a temporary, part-time position of approximately 20 hours per week. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, within a range of $14-$16/hour.
Please e-mail the following application materials to Ava Shearer at email@example.com:
- A letter of interest explaining how your skills and experience match the position description,
- A resume, and
- Three professional references with phone numbers.
Applicants will be subject to a background check.
The position is open until filled, but we encourage applications to be submitted ASAP. Northern Plains is an equal opportunity employer.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.