Billings, MT (includes statewide travel)
Do you love working with people? Do you want to make a difference in Montana? Northern Plains Resource Council (Northern Plains) is hiring canvassers through November 2019.
We would prefer canvassers to be able to work full-time, but arrangements can be made for part-time.
Northern Plains is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) grassroots conservation and family agriculture group that organizes Montana citizens to protect our water quality, family farms and ranches, and unique quality of life. Our mission is to protect Montana’s greatest assets: the quality of our natural resources, the character and viability of family-based agriculture, and the ability of citizens to shape the public policies that affect our land, our water, and our lives so that we may pass them on, unimpaired, to future generations.
A robust field program is central to meeting this mission. Northern Plains seeks to employ energetic canvassers for the summer / fall of 2019. Canvassers would be deployed on issues that will likely include rural electric cooperatives, clean / renewable energy, and get out the vote for the 2019 city council elections.
As part of a canvass team, you won’t be tied to a desk. You will be making change happen at the local level by executing a winning field operation. Canvassers will gain familiarity with the VAN database of registered voters.
This position will be based in Billings, Montana, but occasional out-of-town, paid overnight travel will be requested.
The Canvasser is responsible for:
- Canvassing doors and talking to people face-to-face using talking points provided – this job involves a lot of walking
- Recruiting new members
- Phone banking
- Keeping accurate data
- Friendly and professional demeanor, excellent people skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- Flexibility in paid traveling around the state for the canvass program, including holding a valid driver’s license
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Commitment to the mission and environmental values of the organization.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, $14-15/hour with end-of-contract bonus.
The position will run through November 5, 2019.
Email the following to to Alanna Wulf, Alanna@northernplains.org:
- A letter of interest explaining how your skills and experience match the position description
- A resume
- Three work references with phone numbers
The position is open until filled, but we encourage applications to be submitted ASAP. Northern Plains is an equal opportunity employer.
For questions, email Alanna@northernplains.org