Our mission is to protect Montana’s greatest assets: the quality of our natural resources and the ability of citizens to shape the public policies that affect our land and water, family farming and ranching, and our quality of life so that we may pass them on, unimpaired, to future generations.
Northern Plains Resource Council is accepting internship applications for Summer 2020. This 12-week internship is geared toward providing the selected candidate with training and hands-on experience in rural community organizing.
The intern will gain experience in one-on-one meetings and relationship building, canvassing and canvas data management and entry, phone-banking, advocacy research and action, event organizing, as they help advance Northern Plains’ work on clean energy and other campaigns.
This position is a mix of office and field work.
Location: Billings, Montana with travel and potential assignments working from our Helena and Missoula offices.
- Commitment to Northern Plains’ issues and values, ability to get along well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong research and organization skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in using common word processing and spreadsheet programs (e.g. Word, Google Docs, Excel, Google Sheets, etc.) and comfort in using social media and navigating database programs.
- Preferred: some experience working or volunteering on a political campaign.
- Preferred: completion of two or more years of college in a related field.
Salary and Hours: $15/hour, 40 hours a week between approximately 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. except when travel or tasks (e.g. canvassing, evening meetings, etc.) require earlier or later start/end times.
Starting Date: Position runs from approximately mid-May through mid-August, 2020, start and end dates dependent on applicant’s availability.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, 2 references, and a short writing sample to Sydney Ausen (Lead Organizer) by close of business on March 13, 2020