Attention Montana Dakota Utilities (MDU) electric customers! Montana Dakota has just given notice that it plans to hike electric rates for residential customers by 19.2%.
We don’t have any time to waste letting MDU know we’re watching and we won’t stand for this! MDU’s rate hike is just a proposal at this point. The Montana Public Service Commission (PSC) has to approve the rate hike.
The more comments the PSC hears from people like you as soon as possible, the better our chances of defeating this predatory rate hike proposal. Submit your comment using the form below!
- Montana Dakota has just given notice that they plan to hike rates for residential customers by 19.2%. This is more than $200 a year for the average customer.
- MDU just raised their rates a few years ago. They increased their rates over 15% in 2019 and 2020. This would be their second substantial rate hike in less than 3 years.
- MDU blames inflation for the rate hikes, but the rate they’re proposing is dramatically higher than even inflation.
- MDU continues to pursue expensive investments into gas-fired generation. Their justification for rate hikes includes money spent on a new gas power plant– a bad economic decision that they’re trying to pass costs on to customers.
- This is a clear case of a corporation abusing its monopoly position.